I. Course number: National Service Training Program-Civic Welfare Training Service (NSTP-CWTS)
II. Components: Civic Welfare Training Service (CWTS) 2
III. Course Description The Civic Welfare Training Service 2 is a sequel of CWTS 1. It is designed to immerse students in activities that will arm them with the capability to contribute in the upliftment of the general welfare and the quality of life for the members of the community and the enhancement of its facilities especially those that are devoted to improving the health, environment, entrepreneurship, safety, recreation and morale of the citizens.
IV Placement: First Year, Second Semester
V. Allocation: 3 hours every Saturday
VI. Credits: Three (3) units
VII. General Objectives: At the end of the course, the students should be able:
1. participate actively in team-building activities;
2. manifest effective leadership/fellowship skills;
3. demonstrate effective leadership/followership skills;
4. organize community assemblies and linkages;
5. assist in the implementation of the civic welfare projects;
6. determine/identify community problems and concerns and plan some viable intervention measures;
7. demonstrate a high level of interest in community-building tasks;
8. practice/demonstrate a harmonious working relationship with the community.
9. Appreciate the values of community immersion as a means of developing themselves as trainees and helping other people improve their way of life through the different dimensions of development done in the locality.
- Teacher: Khristine Jenifer Fabian
- Enrolled students: 54