At the end of the course the student will be able to:
1. Compare the function & behavior of normal & cancer cells.
2. Differentiate between malignant processes that occur in oncologic disorders.
3. Identify agents & rick factors that are carcinogenic.
4. Describe role of nurses in health education & prevention of oncologic disorders.
5. Differentiate among the goals of cancer care: prevention, diagnosis, cure, control & palliation.
6. Describe the roles of surgery, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, hematopoietic stem cell transplantation, hyperthermia, targeted therapy & symptom management in treating cancer.
7. Use nursing process as a framework for the care of patients with cancer.
8. Identify assessment parameters & nursing management of patients with oncologic emergencies.
9. Discuss the role of nurses in cancer survivorship.
- Teacher: ELERY MICHELLE QUIBEN
- Enrolled students: 2