The course deals with the historical, philosophical, psychological, social and legal foundations of special education. The course will also cover the fundamental characteristics of children with special needs.
By the end of the course, the students must be able to:
1. demonstrate a working knowledge of the foundations and scope of special education;
2. have a thorough understanding of the different types and characteristics of learners with special needs;
3. have an analytical view of the current trends and issues in special education;
4. develop a positive attitude towards people with special needs, coupled with the commitment to teach them.
- Teacher: John Michael Cachero
- Enrolled students: 8